Thursday 11 May 2017

The Wind in the Willows - Toad's apology

Dear Ms. Keeper's Daughter,

I'm sorry I don't know your name. But I want you to say the other day of thanks. You have a very kind heart. If you didn't help me, I would still have been in prison. When I was in prison, I cried and cried. I thought that this was the end of everything. All my friends would forget me, and I shall never get out of the prison again.

But, you were there. You saved my life. You heard my story seriously, you asked my home and my old life, brought me nice things to eat and hot drinks. Those kindness made me sit up and wake up. When you told me the plan to escape the prison, I could 't believe and I suspected my ears. Because your suggestion was so unique. At that time, my heart was beating very fast indeed. I hadn't been able to imagine that I wear dress as an old washer-woman. "That's impossible", I thought. But I did it. I could do it. I owed you a lot.

After I left the prison, I walked out of the wood, jumped into a barge, but the barge-woman pushed off into a canal. I swam in the canal. And I borrowed her horse to ride, and I sold it. I borrowed someone's motor-car, but I lost it. At last, I've met my friend the Water Rat after a long way swimming in the river. Now I'm happy to be in my house. Thanks a lot to your kind cooperation. 

Sincerely Toad



Posted for Naoko

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.