Thursday 24 June 2021

Remembering my father - Sayuri's fond memories

When I found the old photo of my father, some warm feeling was recalled immediately and made me smile.

My father was fond of literature and he was rather a romantic person. When he was a high school student, he belonged to a literature club and he organized a small funeral for the famous cat at his school festival. The cat was in the masterpiece: I am a cat, Wagahai wa neko dearu, by the great Japanese author, Soseki Natsume. He told me about it a long time ago but I didn't know a photo existed. In the old black and white photo, there was a small altar of the cat in the story and three rather serious looking boys sitting straight. One of them was my father in his high school uniform. I felt strange to see my father's youth and the figure that I hadn't known.


He liked books, newspapers, movies, and a little bit of beer. I am wondering what he would do in this self-isolated situation. Probably he would enjoy himself in his creative way of living. I miss him a lot.

Posted for Sayuri

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.