Wednesday 6 December 2023

Love always comes in a hurricane

My favorite story in this book is “Sherlock Holmes and the strange Mr. Angel”. After I read it, I knew that this story is generally called “A case of identity”. This is the third short story of “Sherlock Holmes” series, exhibited by Arthur Conan Doyle in 1891.

Honestly, I had a distorted image of “Sherlock Holmes” as the writings before I read this story. I had taken it into my head that Holmes deals entirely with cases of murder. However, nobody dies in this story. I think that the action and motive of Miss Sutherland’s mother and Mr. Windibank is very human, and in a way, I feel close to them.

Like Miss Sutherland, a woman’s longing for a man is stronger than you may think, and nobody can stop it. I feel Miss Sutherland’s mother and Mr. Windibank took it too lightly. I grasped the meaning of the line from “ONE PIECE”, a Japanese famous manga, that “Love always comes in a hurricane”.

This case doesn’t cause human casualties, but Holmes proves his ability, for example an amazing insightfulness and astute observation, and he succeeds in solving the mystery. Arthur Conan Doyle is considered that he was not thrilled with writing “Sherlock Holmes” series, but I would like to appreciate him continuing and developing it.

The Sherlock Holmes Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.