Wednesday 31 July 2024

Help for chick

When I was a junior high school, I found a chick at my feet at bicycle parking in school. Although I looked around, it seemed there was no parent bard. I worried about the chick if it can’t go back to a nest itself as it was too young. I shouldn’t have helped a wild animal, but I brought it back my home for help as I couldn’t overlook it.

Next day, I contacted a zoo to know how to take care it. The zoo took it under care although there was no experience for them to take care a type of bird. They did best effort to help it. However, I received a call from zoo after few days and they informed me of its death. I was so sad to hear that and also regretted what I did. The zoo said that they found what kind of food and how they should have given the type of chick the food after its death. Also, they advised me not to touch wild animals as far as possible.

A name of the bird spices is greenfinch which has yellow wings to a part of body. They are called hiwa in Japanese and they usually live closed to us. Therefore, I occasionally see them and still bring back the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.