Thursday 2 March 2017

A letter of gratefulness - The Wind in the Willows

Dear Miss(the daughter of the prison keeper),

How are you? I am Toad who was in the prison. You helped me to escape from the prison. If you had not been there, I would be in the prison still now. You saved my life. Thank you very much. 

Eventually I have come back to my home. After I escaped from the prison, it was not easy to come here. It was quite an adventure. Sometimes policemen chased me, I happened to meet the person whose car I had stolen before, so they chased me, too. When I was running in the wood, I dropped into the river and I met my friend Ratty. He told me that the Wild Wooders (the stoats, the weasels and the ferrets) took my house and lived there. Idid not know what to do.

One night, I and my friends(Rat, Mole and Badger) had a meeting to talk about plans to take back Toad Hall(my house). Next day we fought with the Wild Wooders when they had a party till they run away to the Woods.

Now I have changed a lot. I know nobody can live alone. My friends taught me that. I am very lucky to have such nice friends.

Please visit me anytime. I want to introduce my friends to you. I am sure you will like them. And remember when you have trouble, let me know. I will do anything for you. I hope I will hear from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Toad



Posted for Yasumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.