Saturday 24 August 2019

Studies at Sasabe


First day working at a kindergarten and to be honest I really had no idea what to expect.

We kicked off the first day outside the gates, welcoming the students to their first day back from the summer holidays with a smile and a wave, then after giving me the grand tour of the grounds, Jim left me to fend for myself (aka wait for 10 minutes in the hall as they sung songs until assembly started). I was brought up to the front of 180 kids and was asked to introduce, then handed over to the yellow class to fulfil my duties of the day (of which there weren’t many). Little did I know I was walking into what was potentially one of the easiest work days that I will ever experience in my life, despite one prominent question on my mind - how do you get children to stop doing something when they have absolutely no idea what you’re saying to them? I tried multiple techniques throughout the day with no luck, but I’ll be sure to share when I do find something!

I walked out of the same gates at the end of the school day, full to the brim with a delicious lunch that had been cooked there, a scary realisation of how early ‘sei… no’ comes into play and several new best friends... As well as a huge excitement for the next time I get to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.