Wednesday 9 February 2022

Washington Square -review & role-play

 

Review:

For me, the title of the book sounds exciting, because Washington Square (where this story is set) is in New York City, can which is the most exciting city in the world and the area surrounding the square has a high society atmosphere. So, I expected a kind of graceful, dramatic story, but unfortunately it is not so exciting.

Most of the characters are unique and eccentric, obstinate and lack flexibility. That makes for an unhappy ending to the story. Sadly, nobody becomes happy in this novel.

In the end, I thought cynically, is embroidery more important than Morris for Catherine!? 

 

 

Role-play :  Agony Aunt 

 

Dear Teruki,

I am confused about the situation with receiving a visit from my ex-lover Morris. I was madly in love with him before, as he was with me, I believe, but my father was strongly opposed to my engagement with him. My father never changed his mind that if I were to marry Morris, he would never give me a penny. I dont mind if I get my inheritance or not, but is it right for Morris? I dont know.

Anyway, he has just left me, all alone. I am completely miserable. I have lost my sanity. This deep sadness has controlled me for ages, until suddenly I heard the news that Morris wanted to visit me. It has made me really upset. I dont know what should I do. Please advise me.

 

 

Dear Katharine,

You have been going through a difficult time in your life. I can imagine how disappointed you were with your father and your lover. I am so sorry that there is still deep sorrow in your heart. However, it is the time for rebirth. You should part from the pain and accept his visit with brand-new attitude. If you do not do it, you will terrible feelings of heartache forever. Just leave your persistence and have courage, be happy!!

 

Teruki

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.