Wednesday 16 May 2012

Examining CAE - thoughts and materials

I had the pleasure of examining some candidates for C.A.E. (Cambridge Advanced) on Sunday, down in Tokyo at our regular venue King's Road in Akasaka. As usual, the examination was under very good control with Chie in charge.

CAE is a tough day for candidates - four sitting/writing papers without much chance to recharge brains in between. It really is very intense, and hats off to all candidates who are brave enough to try. Obviously, our candidates in Tokyo were not alone - the same exam was held worldwide. What I enjoyed about our session was the broad mix of nationalities besides Japanese (Peruvian, Brazilian, Russian) which reminded me just how important it is for my learners to make sure they can make themselves understood outside my classroom...pretty pointless if I am the only person that understand them!

If you are considering taking CAE, then when not have a rummage in this Livebinder, which I am adding to as/when I find relevant material (bookmark it & by all means leave comments).



  • Next CAE exam session will be December 2 with Luna, likely in Tokyo and Nagoya. Contact us if you are interested (details not up on our website yet - shortly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.