Friday 5 July 2019

Escape to Kenroku-en


Japanese gardens are one of the most beautiful and perfect things you will ever see. Bold opening statement, but if you’ve ever been to one, you’ll understand exactly where I’m coming from. I’ve been obsessed with these gardens for years. Which is why when I visited the Kenroku-en Gardens in Kanazawa, I was blown away by how they’d managed to take Japanese gardens to a whole new level.

Known as one of Japan’s most famous gardens, it was developed over generations to be absolutely perfect. And there is no stretch of the imagination that it could be painted as anything other. Everything you could possibly want from a garden is there; trickling waterfalls, calming ponds, all-around beautiful scenery, and every shade of green imaginable, the only complaint I have about the place is that I didn’t get to be there for longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.