Tuesday 26 January 2021

My favorite artist - Alfons Maria Mucha

 I like Alfons Maria Mucha’s painting. Mucha was a painter representing “Art Nouveau” from Czech Republic. Art Nouveau means "new art" and it was the international art movement in Europe from the end of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century. The style is a luxurious and decorative design.

Mucha was decorative artist, most well-known for his images of women. He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements and designs. His works frequently featured beautiful young women surrounded by lush flowers with pastel colors.

I think above style gives mystical images to his works.

When I was a junior high school, I saw his painting first time. At that time, I obsessed with “Final Fantasy” which was a video game kind of role-playing game. This game was a fictional story and characters use magic, summon beasts, so I thought that the world view of the game was similar with Mucha’s painting. I look his picture sometime after that and I feel drawn to it.

His works remains popular today. The women who draw by him still fascinates people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.