Wednesday 1 September 2021

"Agony aunt" column in a magazine

 [Column from Ruth]:

I’m in agony for “mother-in-law”. Maybe there are many people who are same situation as me. In my case, she interferes in my family too much! I feel that tightly overseen by her as well as her husband. My town is small, and the people are like family. In other words, they know a lot of things even though another person.

Recently, I was upset because she had given a chocolate to my kid before dinner. If he ate a chocolate, he could not want to eat dinner much, so I don’t give him any snacks before meal. I understand that grandmother loves to see smiley face of grandson, however, I think she should pay regard to parent policy.

[Reply]:


Hi,

I had agonized same trouble in a couple years ago and I understand your feeling well. As for me, I had discussed with my husband many times to solve a problem. As my husband didn’t know that my suffering firstly, I explained details to him. Also, I asked him to talk his mother to refrain to give snacks for my kid before dinner. This is important point that I talked with her not just husband and I expressed my gratitude for understanding. After that I kept a suitable distance with mother-in-law. I’ve made a good relationship with her. I recommend that you talk with your husband to find any solutions first. In my experience, it is better to have many allies to raise your child. There is a potential for your mother-in-law to become one of ally! Hope you can built good relationship with her😊


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.