Wednesday 19 January 2022

Being brave

The bravest decision of mine for 30 years was making a trip alone to Leipzig to attend the 12th congress of World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH) in 2010. It had been 23 years since I traveled abroad visiting friends in UK in 1987. WAIMH is a NPO for scientific and educational professionals promoting the mental wellbeing and healthy development of infants throughout the world, considering cultural, regional, and environmental variations, and to generate and disseminate scientific knowledge.

The information struck me that WAIMH is the one I should join. It was only 2 months before the congress was held but I could manage to organize everything to attend the congress and even planed an extra trip to Berlin after the congress. The atmosphere of the congress was very friendly, and I could make friends with participants from different countries, enjoyed the program and learned a lot. In Berlin I visited a kindergarten in woods to see how the outdoor nursery work well. I visited the East Site Gallery and other monuments for WW2, which were very impressive. They made me realize how silly human was to start the war and how brave the citizens to destroy the walls. 

I felt like that I had restored a balance between mind and body through the 10 days travel. An adventurous open-minded character was brought back to me.

Posted for Kyoko

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.