Wednesday 24 May 2023

A letter from Pearl to her mother

Dear Mother,

Hope you are doing well. 

Can you imagine where I’m now? As you know, I have been traveling different place. When I’m writing this letter, I’m in Italy. I enjoy staying here. The weather is nice, people is kind and foods are delicious. I’m going to stay Italy for couple of months. 


When I’m writing this letter, I remember our worst time. We suffered a great sense of loss at my father’s death, but we didn’t have time to be depressed. I imagined you had hard time in England. For me, it was not as hard as I thought.

To be honest, I liked the life with you in England. I enjoyed playing with many friends. Because they didn’t know who I was. They didn’t care about my birth and my farther. When I was in Boston, we were lived lonely. People hate us and they were not kind for us. I pretended not to care about other people. 

After moved to England, I felt what nice world outside of Boston! So, I wanted to spend my life freely without any worries. 

I heard you help poor women and children in Boston. It’s really great things! It’s difficult for me to support together with you there, but I’ll send you beautiful clothes, foods, etc. Please let me know if there are anything to help. 


Take care.


Best regards,

Pearl





No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.