Tuesday, 25 August 2026

An imaginary entry in Anne of Green Gable's diary


Today was the happiest day of my life...so I thought. I was so excited to come to Green Gables. The road was lined with old apple trees. they were full of sweet-smelling and snowy-white flowers! The beautiful way made me feel like I were walking into a wonderful dream. I fell in love with this lovely place at once.

But everything changed so quickly. Matthew and Marilla wanted a boy, not a girl like me. What a horrible mistake! Why was I not born a boy? My heart was full of hopeness in this morning, but now, I feel so lonely and miserable.

What will happen to me tomorrow?Will they send me away?

Oh, Dear God, please! Please let me stay here. I promise I will work hard and be a good girl.

Posted for Nene


1 comment:

  1. Anne is an emotional and imaginative girl with a unique way of thinking. So I was fun to imagine what she might say, feel, and think, and writing from her perspective. I’m curious about what happens next in this story! Nene

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.