Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Love of a King - After reading

After reading #1:
Here are Edward and his brother George arguing, a few days before Edward left England. Put their conversation in the correct order, and write in the speaker's names.

George: Edward, Mr. Baldwin has just been to see me.
Edward: And shat did he say to you, George?
George: He said that you cannot marry Mrs Simpson.
Edward: Why can't I? Is it a crime to want to marry?
George: Don't be stupid. Of course it's not a crime. But the Church won't have this woman as the Queen.
Edward: Don't call her "this woman" - her name's Wallis. I'm going to marry her, and I'll give the crown to you.
George: But I don't want it! It's your job to be King, not mine! I've never wanted to be King.
Edward: But someone has to be King, George. And it will have to be you because I can't live without Wallis, or without love.
George: Love! You must put your country before love! If you marry her, I never want to see you again.
Edward: But you will come to my wedding, won't you?
George: No, I won't. I don't like that woman, and I don't want to see her as your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.