Monday 7 October 2019

Sports and Sasabe

After spending some of last month at Sasabe kindergarten, I have realised just how different of an experience these kids get compared to home. Things that would get a child into huge amounts of trouble back home, don’t even get a second glance over here, yet others that in my eyes are completely fine, are definitely a problem. But that’s just the start. I’ve recently been able to witness the preparation that goes into one of the most interesting things I've seen at a school here… sports day.

I know what you’re thinking, surely there’s stranger than a sports day, but after watching the last few weeks of in-line dancing, human formations, running races and circuits, all with anime-like background music that really does set in stone where you are, I can really say I’ve never seen anything quite like this, or kindergarteners that are quite so well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.