Friday 5 February 2021

My favorite artist, Yayoi Kusama

Please let me introduce my favorite artist Yayoi Kusama. Her paintings are very colorful, have impact and intricate design that nobody imitate. Those invigorated me more and it is reason that I like Ms. Yayoi Kusama.

She was born in Matsumoto in 1929 and was bothered by hallucination etc. from a young age. It was diagnosed with a schizophrenic later.In order to clear hallucination etc. as much as possible, she started painting.Due to the schizophrenic, her view was covered by many dots and the painting at a young age was also covered by many dots.

At Matsumoto city museum of art, we can see some paintings when she painted around 6 years old. I guess most of viewers will surprise the execution as I was in the past. When she was 16 years old, there was an exhibition held by artists who moved to Nagano prefecture for safety due to the Pacific war and she won a prize for her painting and became famous gradually.

I think she is a strong woman who did not stop the painting and keep her motivation at the times when people did not have better understanding of schizophrenic and most of women were housewives. Her 92th birthday is closing and I want her to live a long time happily and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.