Monday 15 February 2021

Zoos as places of learning

I hope that zoos are places of learning ecology for animals and importance of nature protection. I don’t deny that zoos are one of places for public entertainment. However, zoos as fun should be instrumental in becoming intrigued with animals, and I think that it should not be an end unto itself. Therefore, advertising aimed for rareness of animals just breaks my heart. 

I visited Nagano Chausuyama Zoo with my girlfriend to watch red panda, called “lesser panda” in Japan, on September 2019. The zoo is well-known for the breeding of red panda, but zookeepers taught us a lot about red panda without being proud of the fact described above. I feel that the breeding is main purpose zoos need to have and want to learn various things for animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.