Wednesday 4 August 2021

My Great Uncle Hiroaki

Of all my relatives, I like my Uncle Hiroaki. He’s my mother’s youngest brother. Sadly, I said my final goodbye to him last year. Today, I’d like to write something about his life.

He was very tall (actually over 200cm!) and used to play basketball in his school days and early years after joining his company. He played any sports quite well, and he often used to play catch with my younger brother and me when we were children.

He majored in electricity when he was a high school student. After graduating from high school, he got a job at a big electronics company in Hitachi, Ibaraki, in Japan. He had been working hard and got a lot of patents there. And he built his own house and spent a long time of his life.

He was very kind to his family, including me. I was pleased when he got back to his hometown Nagano and had some dishes with him. When I visited his house, he feasted me with lots of tomatoes and cucumbers from his garden. Also, he kept a lot of pets, such as rabbits and dogs. His last dog was now in his older brother’s house. Every time I see her that reminds me of my great Uncle Hiroaki.

Posted for Yuki T

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.