Monday 1 November 2021

A letter home to Durrisdeer, from the widow Alice Durie

 Dear Teruki,

As you probably know, my husband and his brother James both died in the wilderness. I'm terribly sad to lose my two loving men at once. I always loved James, even when he had gone to war and never wrote back to any of my letters. He was such an attractive man.

I married Henry because he was a kind and honest man, and a good husband. We had a peaceful time until James returned home. To be honest, I was happy for his return, but Henry was unhappy, so it was obvious they would duel.I didn't think James would lose, but he did and his body even disappeared..

James was such an unpredictable man, even following us to New York! Half of my life was spent looking for James and the other half hiding from him. I was surprised to know that Henry went to the wilderness, but he had changed a lot - not kind and honest anymore. He was obsessed about his title and his loving son; money and fame are such dangerous things.

Alice Durie (aka Sayuri)

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.