Tuesday 30 November 2021

Time travel - a dinner party with Buddha

If I could time travel, I would like to go to ancient India in 6th to 5th century BCE, and I want to meet Buddha.

Known as the founder of Buddhism. Buddha was born into an aristocratic family. His family had high expectations for him, giving dedicated palaces, luxurious clothes etc. If I were in his position, I wouldn’t work, but live in luxury. However, he entered into the priesthood, even though he had a wife and child!

There are some legends to explain why the Buddha went his own way with beliefs, but I would like to listen to him for myself. There would be some disciples at our table, who I would like to ask how to train in order to achieve enlightenment. At the dinner, we have a Buddhist vegetarian meal together with nonalcoholic drinks.

I think meeting them would change my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.