Thursday, 17 September 2026

How different is school life now for a 13 3/4 year old between Adrian

I thought about how different school life is for teenagers today. I imagine that Adrian lived in a world without smartphones, social media, or the internet. Most of his worries were about school, his family, his friends, and his relationship with Pandora. These are still common concerns for teenagers for now, but modern children face many additional problems.

One of the biggest differences is the influence of social media. Teenagers today often spend a lot of time online and may feel pressure to look perfect like a celebrity or and K-pop idol, or be popular. They can easily compare themselves with others every day through social media. Another modern problem is cyberbullying. I think that, unlike traditional bullying, online bullying can happen at any time and may reach a wider audience.

Many young people need advice about smartphone use, online safety, privacy, and mental health. Because they are always connected to the internet, it can be difficult to balance online activities, schoolwork and real-life relationships. 

Although the world has changed greatly since Adrian's time, I think the feelings of teenagers remain similar. Young people still want to be understood, accepted, and loved. They should not depend too much on social media. It is important to keep a good balance and things around them in real life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.