Sunday 6 January 2008

Gone with the Wind - Part One -

This is one of my favorite films. I watched it more than 20 years ago. After reading this book, I can see it happening all over again in my mind’s eye. I’ll have to read “Part Two”.

(Writing 39) When the Confederacy lose the war, Mammy and Pork – like all negro slaves – are free to go wherever they want to go. Why do you think they choose to stay at Tara? What do you think happens to other slaves after they leave the families they have worked for?

I guess the Mammy and Pork’s family was considerate of them like real family. Then they didn’t leave the family and took care of Scarlett’s mother and girls. About the other slaves, I think they were taken prisoner by Yankees.

Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.