Wednesday 13 February 2019

Postcard from...Connecticut & Massachusetts, USA

I went to Mark Twain House & Museum with some students.
The house is located in Hartford, Connecticut. It was built in 1874, though, the house has a lot of facilities such as nursery rooms, school rooms for the children, guest rooms, a study with billiards table, and so forth. We walked around the house and enjoyed the architecture of the house. After the visit to the house, we did the shopping in the souvenir shop and I bought a post card of a cat. I really liked it at once because the cat stared at me saying “let me come with you.” We left the Mark Twain House & Museum and headed for the next destination, Boston

Now, I am in Boston! It is one of the academic cities in the US. I am visiting Prudential Center, which is a very famous building in Boston. From the observatory of the building, I can see a lot of red brick buildings, which, by the way, remind me of the atmosphere of London. I like Boston because there are a lot of famous universities such as Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, and Tufts University. I visit some of the universities and listen to the talks by the students in the universities. I also watch a match of Boston Celtics in TD Garden. The “Celtics” is named after “Celtic.” This is because Boston has a lot of emigrants from Ireland.

Posted for Takafumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.