Saturday 25 July 2020

An interview with Jonathan Swift

If I were able to talk to ghosts and ask them questions, I would like to see Jonathan Swift.


Sayuri: Hello, Mr Swift. May I ask you some questions?

J.S: Yes, of course! I've been waiting for this moment for a long time.

S: Thank you! So how did you have those unique ideas for Gulliver's travels?


J.S: I saw many politicians and religious leaders. They were all eccentric really. They were good models of the stories.

S: Right, and are you a Small-Endian or a Big-Endian?
J.S: Well, I am a Big-Endian and a High-Heels, actually. It is practical to break the larger end of an egg. It's easier to eat from a big hole! And High-Heels are more fashionable, don't you think, girls?
S: Well, it's been a big campaign not to wear high-heels nowadays…
J.S: Is that so!

S: Yes… Well, tell me the truth, Mr Swift, can you neigh?

J.S: Ha ha, yes, of course! I can talk to horses, yes!

S: Wow! I thought so! Wonderful! Thank you so much for your time. Your books are very popular here in Japan. Everybody knows Gulliver.
J.S: It's my pleasure to talk to you. Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.