Monday 6 December 2021

A postcard from...North Alps Arts Festival, Azumino, Nagano

 Another really badly publicised event in Nagano :(

I am lucky that one of my students is really into cultural & arty stuff, and is always trying to share! The Northern Alps Arts Festival (NAAF) had been going on all autumn, with installations in over 40 locations around Azumino (Omachi & Ikeda) but I doubt ANY information about this awesome event had filtered out into languages other than Japanese. FAIL!

What a waste! If ever there was a year to make sure you have maximum footfall from a very limited patronage, 2021 is it. I have lived here for donkeys' years - and I only found out about it during its last week, by accident.

On one gorgeous autumnal day, Amirah & I could only visit four installations with our tour guides from Chihiro Museum. Truly creative & breathtaking concepts, inspiring locations and generous backdrops...

What do you think? Check out all the rest on Flickr!







No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.