Thursday 30 October 2008

Australia and new Zealand

I read a book "Australia and New Zealand". I haven't almost known about both countries, but this book gave a chance to know. The climate of New Zealand is like Hokkaido, but seasons are just opposite of it. I remember a piece of news about twenty years ago that a melon farmer in Yubari, where is famous for its production of good melon, opened his farm in New zealand, then he succeeded too grow melons all of year in Yubari and New Zealand.

The most thing I admire is both Australian and New Zealanders are always looking for new things to do, make, or sell, -their positive thinking and activities. This book tells me geographies, histories, races and so on, of these near located two countries. It is better if I could read a disposition of people in both countries.

Junji

1 comment:

  1. Junji,

    Interesting story about the melon farmer - I have a similar experience. I worked on an orchard in New Zealand where they were growing 'nashi' pears for export to Japan & Singapore; I also worked in a packing shed in Gisbourne (NZ)where we exported persimmons (kaki) to Japan too.

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.