Sunday 24 August 2008

Wild Country


I enjoyed "Wild Country". When I was reading "Wild Country", I remembered my old experiences.

I like climbing a mountain since I was a university student. Why do I like? View is wonderful. Flowers are beautiful. Air is very clear. I was opened from the stress of usual life. Climbing the mountain is different of usual life. It is not only happy. We have to live for a few days at the party composed of several people. Sometimes, we don't agree with each other. Sometimes, it is raining everyday. Sometimes, the route is dangerous. I think that these hardship make our trust strong.

1 comment:

  1. Yuji,

    I love the mountains too - one of the reasons I chose to live in Matsumoto. Unfortunately, that also means having to put up with cold winters in an uninsulated house.

    There has been a tragedy unfolding high in the mountains of Pakistan. Have you been following the story? You can find it here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/06/pakistan.italy

    I used to love climbing, but decided to stop when I couldn't trust myself with my ropework (the climbing was enjoyable!) and I loved being away from the crowds on a mountainside or a crag.

    Stories like this emerging from K2 make me think I made a wise decision. I can't imagine the courage & endurance of the climbers involved, nor the sadness of so many talented climbers losing their lives in one incident.

    What do you think?

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.