Thursday 24 May 2018

The Brontë Story - A letter from Maria Brontë

To Elizabeth, Maria, Charlotte, Branwell, Emily and Anne I love you all very much. I can't tell how much I love you. I am a lucky woman to have such a wonderful children. My life was full of happiness and love with you all. But I am afraid I have to say good-bye to you soon. Because I feel my body is getting weak and weak. I know I can't live long. I wish I could live till you all will grow-up. But I have to accept the reality. When I am gone, you will be so sad. But remember I will be always with you. Even you can't see me or remember my face, I will be with you in the heart of each of you. So, if you want to see me, just close your eyes, then you will feel me. After I am gone, my sister Elizabeth will take care of you instead of me. I asked her to do so. She has a strong conscience and is a determined Christian. I trust her. So, don't worry. But you have to help her doing what you can. Life is full of joy, but sometimes it isn't easy. I hope you all help each other and all of you have wonderful life. I'm sure your father will lead you to the right way.
Please study hard, work hard and enjoy your life. I'm always with you. I love you. Your mother Maria





Posted for Yasumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.