Monday 28 July 2008

The most beautiful building - in Sheffield

The most beautiful building in Sheffield is The Fat Cat. It is an odd-shaped brick pub in a run down part of the city. It is walking distance from the city centre, but you can catch a bus there & back. (I asked my students to write about their hometowns - this is my contribution!)

The real attraction of the pub is the quality and variety of wonderful beers it serves. It always has `guest` beers, the most popular being Real Ales. The regulars are a knowledgeable crowd, and are a real cross-section of society. I used to go there with my climbing mates, as well as high school friends once we`d gone to uni. The food is great, and it is next to the Kelham Island Industrial Museum - well worth a visit too.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.