Tuesday 20 May 2014

After reading Murders in the Rue Morgue: a true story from Japan

 What is the most unusual story you have ever heard involving an animal?



This was an actual story which was happened in the World War Ⅱ.

There were three elephants in the Ueno Zoo, Tokyo, but because of the war, there was no food for the animals. Breeders in the zoo thought elephants were dangerous for people when they couldn’t control them. So they decided to kill the elephants. However, the elephants' skin was so hard that they couldn’t inject the poison. So they thought they should starve to death the elephants.
Elephant
Elephant (Photo credit: Averain)

A few days later, elephants were very hungry. One of the elephants began to perform tricks to get  food. Then the others began to perform, too...The end of story was that elephants starved to death. But they were performing till they couldn’t move.

I like elephants because of their eyes. They look very kind. But I know they attack people or other animals when they protect their-self or their family.

When I was a child, I read this book. I was very shocked and I couldn’t stop crying. First, I thought why animals were killed for people. But if I was in the time, I thought the same thing as the breeder. I think these elephants were so clever and I would like to see them.

Posted for Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.