Sunday 7 December 2008

TWO LIVES


I have read the book. I enjoyed this story very much.
After reading No.8. “Write a letter from Megan to Paul, saying that she has decided to marry Huw.”

Dear Paul

Thanks for your kindness. I can’t marry you. I can’t forget Huw. He is in my heart fully. I found his letters in a box of my father’s papers. They were unopened. I never knew that he had written to me. I thought his new life in Canada had made him forget me. It was not true. He had sent his letters for me, and had waited my letter. Huw and I met in Tredonald. We had spoken about the old days. I was happy every time I saw him or heard his voice. I felt that I couldn’t live without Huw. It was difficult for me to escape from thoughts of Huw. I realized I loved Huw. I’m sorry I can’t marry you. I won’t meet you any longer. Don't look for me. Good-bye.

With best wishes
Megan Jenkins

1 comment:

  1. Wow Taka,

    That's a strong letter - and very well written too! I think Paul will understand - but isn't Megan being a bit harsh? Doesn't Paul deserve a chance?!

    What would Megan say (or do) if Paul ignored the letter and pursued her anyway? Have you ever been in a situation like this?

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.