Friday 24 July 2009

Nightmare journey


A nightmare journey I remember was nine months ago when I was returning to Japan from a business trip to the USA with my colleagues. We had arrived at Chicago airport from Florida at eight in the morning, and were waiting for connection flight scheduled at noon.

A first, everything looked fine, but the airplane didn't start. Several minutes later, the captain announced that the airplane had a trouble with one of its engines. Engineers seemed to be making their best effort to fix it, but they gave it up, and we were told to move to another plane. The new departure time was four o'clock.

We boarded to new plane. However, that plane didn't depart either. Finally, our flight got canceled. We had to stay one more night at Chicago.

It was late evening when we arrived at our hotel. I was really exhausted. I could do nothing but sleep soon.

1 comment:

  1. Keigo,

    I remember you telling us about the trip at the time - we all laughed! Doesn't sound like any fun at all.

    Did you see the posting below about the unhappy UA passenger? Can you sing too?

    Similar thing happened to me on the way to Australia with a homestay group several years ago; we were due to transfer in KL, but the second plane had engine trouble and we had to wait 8 hours overnight in the airport. Trust me, KL airport at night with no cash and angry customers is not a fun place!

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.