Wednesday 12 May 2010

We didn’t Mean to Go to Sea.


After I read the chapter 1, I could make a prediction subsequent deployment.

Thus this book was easy because I could predict next happening.

In contrast, I couldn’t understand the reason of missing Jim.

The reason sounds untrue and it made pulp story.

Question

The children didn’t mean to go to sea-but they did. Whose fault was it? Which of these ideas do you agree with? Why?

I agree No.2.

It was Jim’s fault. A good sailor should check everything on his boat, including the petrol, before going sailing.

As for me, when I go to camp with my family, I make check list for goods and prepare even spare.

That’s natural, and I think Jim made fault.


1 comment:

  1. Oh NOoooooooooo!

    You don't miss Jim?!?! I read your post very quickly and thought it was me (I hope I am right about being wrong?!)

    As far as prepping a boat/yacht for sea, I totally agree. I was a deckhand on a ketch in Fiji, actually on nightwatch, when the back stay (wire which holds a mast in place 'gave' (i.e. broke) and nearly took my head off. We had to spend the next two days (at sea) making sure all the others were safe/replaced.

    Another occasion I had to provision (buy all the food) for a yacht about to sail with four hands (crew) for three months; the captain couldn't even cook pot noodle! I met one of my best friends preparing that boat (securing bilge pump seals)...but we hated the skipper & jumped ship because he was a useless seaman.

    Hi name wasn't Jim! See you soon I hope, Reiko!

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.