Monday 24 November 2008

The Lahti File


After reading
1. Have you read any books or seen any films with a story like The Lahti File?

Yes, I have seen some films. “Mission Impossible.” “007 James Bond.” I like “The Man from UNCLE.”
“The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” is an American TV series that was broadcast on NBC about 40 years ago. Japanese title was “0011 Napoleon Solo.” At that time I was a child. I couldn’t almost watch it, because it started at 11:00 pm on weekday. However I could watch it, because I went to bed late during summer vacation.
The summary of this story is as follows. The main actor was Napoleon Solo. His boss was Alexander Waverly. Solo’s colleague was Illya Kuryakin. They worked for U.N.C.L.E. which is abbreviation of United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. They fought against the international criminal organization, which was called THRUSH. UNCLE headquarters in New York City were interesting. There were most frequently entered by a street entrance in a tailor shop. Another entrance was through a masque club. New York citizen didn't understand it was the spy base. The ID plate is received from the acceptance when entering the inside and he wears it to the chest. As for the plate, the color is different in each section, and the ID number for each member is being written. Solo is the 11th. His ID number became a Japanese title.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Taka,

    I used to love watching The Man from UNCLE! I thought David MacCallum was very cool. I never liked Robert Vaughan - probably because I didn't like his character in The Magnificent Seven!

    Good posting - glad you got a lot out of the book!

    jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.