Sunday 22 February 2009

A Picure to Remember

I read this book "A Picture to Remember". I went to Latin America recently, so it was possible to read very interesting.

After Reading
Q2:Which museums or art galleries have you visited? Are there any pictures that you remember very well? Why?

I visited some famous museums, for example, Musee du Louvre and Musee d’Orsay in Paris, and National Gallery and Tate Modern in London, and Kunsthistorsches Museum in Wien, and Museum Modern Art in New York, and The Art Institute of Chicago, and so on. When I visited foreign country, I usually visited museums because I like both paintings and atmosphere of the museum.
In these museums, “La Charmeuse de serpents” painted by Henri Rousseau left the deepest impression for me. It is exhibited in Musee d’Orsay. This painting is very mysterious and fantastic. The woman in this painting is drawn almost in the black, and only eyes are clear. I felt not only beauty but also fear.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I am not a very cultural person; the museums, galleries and art you describe sound amazing though - I think I should pay more attention to the arts, don't you?

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.