Saturday 5 June 2010

A Christmas Carol


This story is set in 1820s London.  Ebenezer Scrooge is a mean, unfriendly old man. He does not care about other people. He thinks only about money. He thinks Christmas is humbug.

On Christmas Eve Scrooge meets three ghosts, The Ghosts of Christmas Past, The Ghost of Christmas Present and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. They show Scrooge Christmas past, present and yet to come.

How does Scrooge feel? Does he change his life? When I finish reading this story, I think that Christmas is an important day for everyone, and of course for Scrooge. And I also think that I must become a kind person to everyone. If you read this book, you can enjoy his adventure and how he changes. And you must notice the importance of kindness and family.

Misaki

1 comment:

  1. Misaki,

    Is Christmas viewed in this way in Japan? It seems very commercial to me...certainly this book has a message though, and one I am glad you found ;)

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.