Sunday 27 June 2010

Festivals in other cultures - Halloween

This is a picture i took for the Candy article.Image via Wikipedia

Haruka & I had been talking about 'Coming of Age' Day (Seijin No Hi) in Japan - it's a long way off for her! She used to live in Florida, and has first hand experience trick or treating. This is what she wrote for homework.

Every Year - Hallowe'en

In some countries there is Halloween. We go around neighbours in the afternoon and get candy.

It's on October 31st, every kid dresses up as something. Last year I was a witch, and before that I was a fairy. I don't like plastic Halloween bags to put candies in because they will break. My plastic bag broke because of too much candy.

Finally, if it's started, every house is ready to go get candies and give them. It is a lot of fun. I hope you could know how fun it is.

By Haruka (10)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.